The following shall serve as a basis for determining winners of all games and contests that air on KAIL-TV unless otherwise stated by individual contest rules and regulations. In the following, win refers to the receiving of any item without compensation.
1. Prizes won on KAIL-TV are limited to one (1) per household within a 90-day period. Station employees and immediate families are not eligible to participate in station sponsored contests. Employees of businesses that sponsor station contests and promotions are not eligible to win any grand prize offers. Employees of other media companies are not eligible to participate in KAIL-TV sponsored contests. KAIL-TV reserves the right to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet the eligibility requirements.
2. Contestants must be eighteen (18) years or older unless otherwise announced.
3. Prizes are non-transferable. Gift Certificates have no cash surrender value. Prizes may not be sold. If it is determined that a winner has sold a prize they had won, they are no longer eligible to participate in station contests.
4. NO SUBSTITUTION or other consideration will be offered instead of the stated prize. All items won must be claimed within ten (10) days of winning. Some prizes (tickets) may be time sensitive and a shorter time frame may be required to pick up prizes.
5. If prizes are not claimed within the stated period of time, the winner waves the right to the prize and the prize reverts to the possession of the stations. Continued failure to pick up prize will make winner ineligible to participate in future contests.
6. Winners are responsible for appropriate taxes and fees associated with the winning of ANY prize.
7. Proper photo ID is required to claim any prize. If the prize is cash of more than $100 in value, a social security identification, such as a social security card, passport, or paycheck stub, is ALSO required.
8. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the IRS for every prize or accumulation of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes, license and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. During any contest involving communication through the telephone lines, should a contestant be disconnected from the utilized phone line before the contestant’s correct name, phone number, and response are recorded; they will be instantly disqualified from the contest without compensation. The following sequential caller shall be given the opportunity to win. KAIL-TV is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system, which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning.
10. Winners may be required to sign a release. All winners agree to allow KAIL-TV to use their name, voice and/or likeness, portrait, and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming into the station or place of production may be taped and may be aired on the station without further approval.
11. By winning any items from KAIL-TV, the winner and the user of the item(s) releases KAIL-TV from any responsibility to any incident related to the use of the item(s). Incidents include (but are not limited to) cancellation or alteration of event, expiration of item, bodily injury or death. KAIL-TV assumes no liability for lost, stolen, or situations that may arise from any prize awarded in any contest.
12. All entries received by KAIL-TV become the property of the stations and will not be returned. KAIL-TV will not be responsible for a contestant’s failure to win any prizes due to entry box, phone, email, fax, or direct mail difficulties. Additional rules pertaining to other station contest(s) may not supersede these rules.
13. KAIL-TV reserves the right to add, delete and/or alter rules at any time.
14. KAIL-TV reserves the right to cancel any contest at any time.
15. Disputes regarding these rules will be settled by the GM of KAIL-TV. All decisions are final.
16. By entering a contest, participants agree to abide by these rules.
Contest rules are available at:
KAIL-TV, 1066 E. Shaw Avenue, Fresno, CA 93710